- If you suspect you may have yeast (candida) overgrowth:
- Test for the presence of candida through live blood, urine or stool cultures from a licensed health professional.
- If you have taken one or several rounds of antibiotics in the past.
- If you exhibit some of these symptoms (and yes they can be caused by many things)
- chronic fatigue
- brain-fog or memory lapses
- chronic digestion issues such as indigestion, bloating, diarrhea, constipation
- chronic flare-ups of skin rashes and itching
- anal or genital itching, redness and rashes that come and go
- systemic issues such as arthritis, ADD/ADHD, autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, etc.
- If it is present or possibly present, I would start a candida cleanse.
- Take a natural, anti-fungal agent such as Grapefruit seed extract or Oil of Oregano. There are also natural antifungals yo can purchase from the health food store.
- Increase natural probiotics by supplement (store-bought yogurt is absolutely not enough here). Either consume a large amount of Kefir and/or purchase a probiotic from the refrigerator at your local health food store.
- Eat unprocessed food without sugar or simple starches for 4-12 weeks. There are several diets out there but the basics are: if it contains sugar or HFCS, grains (wheat, barley, rye, oats, corn), or starchy vegetables (potato, squash), do not eat it. Stick with low sugar fruits, vegetables, oils and proteins.
- Generally when the symptoms are gone, you continue for another 3 weeks.
- If you take another round of antibiotics for some reason, rinse and repeat.
Overgrowth of Candida in in your system (also know as yeast overgrowth) is associated with a range of negative health impacts, including difficulty in losing weight. The reason is a longer discussion but the basic idea is your entire system, from your digestive tract to your circulatory system is inflamed because of the overabundance of this set of microbes which occur naturally. The goal is to bring your natural flora back in to balance where the candida is a small part of a larger healthy gut community.
For more information on the Valentus weight loss program, please visit CoffeeLoss.com